Monday 26 January 2015

My seasonal fruit and veg stand

fruit_and_veg_storage_stand
Fresh fruit and vegetables, colours and flavours of the season

I have a third storage space (see my cupboard and my fridge), a fruit and veg rack loaded with seasonal produce. Those fruit and veg which do not require refrigeration reside on the three shelved stand.

On the top shelf I store onions (yellow, red, shallot), garlic (several bulbs) and apples. These are used every day, couple of times a day. Avocados also get their space here, as they need a regular checks to oversee their ripening.

On the middle shelf I store fruit: more apples, and pears, bananas, mangoes and papayas, kiwi, pomegranate, sharon fruit, and tomatoes. In winter season citrus fruit are the most populous on this rack (oranges, mandarins, grapefruit, sweetie). I store lime and lemon in the fridge.

The bottom shelf is for long shelf-life veg: butternut squashes and sweet potatoes are the actual residents, but in autumn it was full of other squashes.

autumn_squashes

No comments:

Post a Comment