Monday 19 October 2015

Breakfast time, GAPS-fashioned

breakfast_time_GAPS-style
Eggs with veggies

On the VEGAN diet there was the Porridge for breakfast (oh, I miss you so much!!), now on the GAPS there are eggs (I just can't make myself to eat another meat based meal so I keep it vegetarian most of the time). I am quite excited about my new breakfasts actually. I like eggs. I like the taste, especially of the runny yolk. What's more, the vegetables make my breakfasts bright and exciting.

My typical breakfast consist of two eggs, fried is my favourite lately, and three different veg. The vegetable combo varies daily. Today's soldiers are soft courgette ribbons, cooked beetroot slices and raw sauerkraut. I like to pair carrot with courgette, beetroot with sauerkraut, or to add creamy avocado, buy any GAPS veg makes a great addition to eggs.

For this delicious breakfast you will need (per person):
2 eggs
2 young courgettes
2 tbsp ghee
1 medium beetroot, cooked
1/3 cup raw sauerkraut

1. Peel the courgettes and slice them with a vegetable peeler into long ribbons.
2. Melt 1 tbsp ghee, add the courgette ribbons, cover with a lid and gently cook on low heat for about 3 to 4 mins, until slightly softened and infused with the ghee's lovely aroma.
3. Melt the remaining 1 tbsp ghee and fry the eggs. I prefer the egg whites fully set and the yolks still runny.
4. Peel the beetroot and slice thinly.
5. To serve: Place the softened courgette ribbons on the plate, place the eggs next to it, the sliced beetroots can go to the sides, and the crunchy sauerkraut between the thinly sliced beetroot halves. Enjoy!

[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment