Sunday 7 February 2016

Coconas beet juice (GAPS, PALEO, AIP, V+)

coconas_beet_juice
Ananas and beetroot raw juice with coconut water

Refreshing, gingery kick to start your day properly hydrated.

You will need (enough for 3 glasses):
1/2 small pineapple, ripe and juicy
2 medium carrots
1/2 medium beetroot
1 cm fresh ginger
500 ml coconut water, pure 100%

1. Clean the pineapple, discard the tough core, dice the juicy flesh.
2. Peel he carrots, chop them roughly. Peel the beetroot and chop.
3. Put all the ingredients into a blender (I like to peel my ginger but the peeling is optional) and pulse for a few seconds until the veg are well chopped, then on a juice setting blend for 20 to 30 seconds.
4. Pour it through a fine strainer to catch the pulp (help with a spoon to stir and push). Enjoy fresh!

Tip: With the leftover pulp I have made biscuits. To the pulp I have added 1 egg, 1 tbsp coconut oil, a wee pinch of Himalayan rock salt and some coconut flour. The dough looked bright pink and smelled like cherry!! I have rolled the dough between two baking papers, then I have used a pasta cutter to make the biscuits. Finally I have baked on 150 C for about 15 to 20 mins, until the edges started to turn golden. Lovely! Enjoy your juice pulp biscuits with tea.

[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.

juice_pulp_biscuit_GAPS_PALEO

No comments:

Post a Comment