Thursday 23 February 2017

Gingery red cabbage salad (AIP)

gingery_red_cabbage_salad_AIP
Crunchy red cabbage salad with three ingredients

I have rediscovered red cabbage. My grandmother was making awesome red sauerkraut with it, oh how I loved that, it was just perfect to breath life into the winter boredom.

I have been making this raw salad for quite some time now and I cannot get bored with it. It crunches, it is sweet and somewhat hot and fragrant, a perfect companion to any meal. I love it with my breakfast fish, with my leftover lunch or roasted dinner.

To make this inviting red cabbage salad you will need:
1/3 of a medium red cabbage
1 generous tsp fine Himalayan rock salt
1 cm fresh ginger

1. Finely slice the red cabbage and put it in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the salt, mix with your hands and gently squeeze for a few times.
3. Let it stand for 10 to 15 mins.
4. Add the finely chopped fresh ginger, mix thoroughly. Serve fresh with your meals.

Tip: Keeps well in the fridge in sealed glass container for about 2 to 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment